Policy Section Editor — Trade, Agriculture, Competition (Brussels)
POLITICO is seeking a talented editor to join our growing newsroom in Brussels.
This editor will be responsible for directing our coverage of trade. We are also interested in hearing from candidates with a demonstrable interest in agriculture and/or competition policy.
We’re seeking an editor with the vision to inspire reporters working across some of the highest-profile and most contentious global policy issues, from the EU’s trade negotiations and relations with Washington and Beijing, to the ecological implications of agriculture subsidies and the tensions raised by trade defenses such as a carbon border tax.
The role is a busy, hands-on editing job running POLITICO’s flagship subscription products and bringing policy stories to life for our wider audience. This editor will work closely with the editorial leadership team to grow our policy coverage.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of directing global news reporting, both in EU institutions and in international gatherings such as the G7. The role would suit an experienced journalist who enjoys setting the agenda and has the confidence to collaborate comfortably with reporting teams in Brussels, London, Washington and elsewhere.
- Set the direction for policy coverage and line edit copy
- Manage policy reporters working on both subscription and free-to-read products
- Generate distinctive and innovative ways to tell stories
- Feed into discussions about how to grow POLITICO’s audience, reach and impact
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable interest in trade, agriculture and/or competition policy
- Strong track record of sharp editing and excellent news judgment
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Strong attention to detail and confident digging into policy coverage in depth
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
- Confident representing POLITICO at live events or on broadcast
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Brussels, London, Paris, Washington, D.C. and New York, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Additional Application Instructions
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.