Editor – Aesthetic Medicine
Professional Beauty Group is looking for a talented and experienced editor to join the growing team on our B2B portfolio of market-leading magazines, websites and events.
The successful candidate will oversee digital and print content for our Aesthetic Medicine title, which reaches all the major aesthetic clinics and practitioners in the UK and covers the non-surgical aesthetic beauty treatments market.
Aesthetic Medicine also runs exhibitions, awards and conferences and the editor will create content for all channels across print and online, as well as ‘live’ content for seminars and conferences.
We are looking for an experienced journalist seeking to take the next step to become an editor. This is a hands-on role, suitable for someone who wants to immerse themselves in this exciting, fast-moving market.
You will have experience in B2B media and enjoy building strong relationships with industry at all levels and be expected to attend events. The successful candidate will ensure that the independent, credible ethos of our editorial content is maintained.
- Content – produce content to ensure we are meeting the needs of the market across print and online including news and features writing and bespoke social media content
- Strategy – work with the content, marketing and sales teams to develop and implement ideas for content that meets the needs of our readers, visitors, and advertisers
- Editing – commissioning, proof reading and editing content to ensure accuracy and consistency of tone
- Editorial integrity – ensure our print and digital offering retains the independent, authoritative, and credible content it is known for and collaborate with the team to constantly challenge and improve
- Market integration – build relationships and gain the confidence of key contacts across the sector to secure exclusive content and be first to market
- Events – use market knowledge and contacts to help secure relevant speakers and deliver compelling content that grows the participation in, and audiences at, our face-to-face events (seminars, conferences, etc)
Key skills required
- Experience of business-to-business media
- Ability to produce clean, concise and accurate content for web and print, including both long- and short-form features and news
- Proven experience with CMS, SEO and statistical analysis of online content
- News sense – the eye to spot a good exclusive and the confidence and tenacity to make sure Aesthetic Medicine is first to market
- Organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong social skills and ability to build relationships
- Industry knowledge is helpful but not a prerequisite
- Understanding of business and finance; numeracy and an ability to analyse statistics
- Competency using software programmes including content management systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Indesign
- Flexibility to attend numerous industry events, including some evenings and weekends.
Benefits Package -
- 25 days holiday (increasing after 2 years)
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Company pension
- Option to join company private health scheme after one year
This is a full-time role based in our Wimbledon offices.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for the role with at least two relevant examples of your writing.