Job Title: Sun Selects - Commissioning Editor
Reports to: Sun Selects Editor
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Team: The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and we’re still growing! You’ll be part of a talented team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Your role: We are looking for a Commissioning Editor to help grow Sun Selects; the reviews and recommendations section of The Sun Online.
We are looking for a talented editor with a passion for reviews, who has a good understanding of SEO and ideally some commercial knowledge or affiliate experience
- Commission freelancers to write reviews and round-ups for Sun Selects
- Edit articles to a high standard
- Conduct SEO research to determine new content ideas
- Identify high performing affiliate opportunities
- Write new pieces for the site
- Work with PRs and communications teams to review products
Key skills and experience:
- Writing features and reviews to a high standard
- Editing commissions to match our style and voice
- A good knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of social media
- Experience with digital publishing
- Knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.