OPIS by Dow Jones provides price transparency across the global supply chain so that all stakeholders can buy and sell energy commodities with confidence. We provide transparent price assessments, real-time news, powerful analytics, and educational and networking events.
Oil, gas, and fuel markets rely on OPIS spot benchmarks in refined products, NGLs and LPG, ethanol and biofuels, refinery feedstocks, and petrochemicals.
OPIS' price-discovery methodologies are in accordance with IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions) Principles for Oil Price Reporting Agencies and with European Union Benchmark Regulation (BMR).
The OPIS APAC Carbon Markets Senior Editor will be responsible researching and developing price indices for regional compliance and voluntary carbon markets in collaboration with the OPIS global carbon team. The position requires reporting on carbon market pricing and fundamentals as well as creating news alerts relevant to the carbon industry and clean air initiatives.
- Research and report on new developments in global carbon policies and programs.
- Network and develop sources in the international carbon industry.
- Develop methodology and design indices for new markets.
- Support commercial product strategies.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Generate breaking and feature news alerts on carbon markets, clean energy and environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and publish OPIS reports.
- Occasional travel.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years price reporting experience, preferably in the environmental sector. Experience in the trading markets may be considered.
- Research and product development experience.
- Strong communication, writing, and networking skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the renewables, carbon, and biofuels markets is ideal, though you should have the curiosity and willingness to learn about industry trends and be able to break down complex regulatory and market issues into accurate and easily understood content.
- Ability for business development and market engagement. Familiarity with existing industry contacts is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent standard.
- Ability to analyze data and market drivers quickly. Good knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets.
- Strong competency in public speaking and presentation would be beneficial.
- Experience in Power BI or coding language such as Python would be beneficial.
- Multilingual would be beneficial.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 31129