Job Location: Remote
OPIS, a Dow Jones Company, is a thriving provider of refined products markets pricing and news. We provide transparency through real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. You will work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
The OPIS U.S. Refined Products Senior Markets Editor will be responsible for contributing to reports focused on news and pricing activity in U.S. gasoline, diesel, heating oil and jet fuel markets. The position requires reporting on daily market pricing and market fundamentals as well as creating alerts relevant to the refined spot market industry.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising on a daily basis with industry stakeholders (Producers, Consumers, Traders, Brokers and other participants) to collect bids, offers, and spot deals.
- Generating stories for real-time new service as well as longer, more analytical content focusing on industry trends and emerging issues, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and contribute to, compile, and publish OPIS reports.
- Give market presentations at client meetings as well as at industry conferences.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within refined products markets, attending industry events, and reaching out to market participants to further develop OPIS' refined spot market business.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, finance, English or relevant field.
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of 2 years of prior experience with energy markets and/or professional reporting or in an analyst role.
- A basic understanding of commodity markets.
- Experience using data science and data visualization tools.
- Must be computer literate, conversant with the use of Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, with solid grasp of math fundamentals and spreadsheet formulas.
- Ability to translate technical materials into content that engages and instructs readers.
- Proven ability to generate story ideas and exclusive content.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- The candidate must be willing to travel within the Americas and as necessary to other regions.
- Prior experience covering energy markets.
- Written and spoken Spanish.
- A practical network of established industry contacts.
- Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible team environment.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 31117