Head of Creative
Parent Zone is looking for a fearless, innovative and adaptable Creative lead – who can develop new ideas and concepts to drive forward our projects and mission.
You will be able to switch tones and styles to adapt to audience needs, while understanding, channelling and enhancing the Parent Zone brand throughout. It might be building a new digital platform, scripting a school assembly or planning an animated video. Whichever, you’ll be brimming with energy and ideas.
You will be comfortable collaborating with partners like Google, Children in Need, Barnardo’s, working closely with them to develop new resources and content. And you will be able to lead a team of writers – with excellent editing, management, planning and organisational skills.
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone is a social enterprise that sits at the heart of modern family life, providing advice, knowledge and support to shape the best possible future for children as they embrace the online world.
We bridge the gaps between parents, policy and platforms, providing insights and knowledge in order to shape a better future for all. Since 2005 we have worked with partners such as Google, Facebook and the Home Office to develop innovative projects, giving families information, support and advice.
We are optimistic about the future while recognising the challenges families face in bringing up children in a digital world - challenges we seek to ameliorate.
- You will work closely with the Brand Director to oversee Creative content output across digital, print and other media.
- You will also work closely with the Design manager and Comms manager to oversee project delivery and consistently high quality outputs.
- You will be a line manager responsible for the personal development of writers within the Creative function. This will involve regular 1:1s, appraisals and setting/monitoring key success indicators.
- You will help develop writers on the Creative team to ensure a consistent and appropriate tone across all platforms.
- You will be involved in multiple forms of content creation, including educational material for primary and secondary schools, resources for family professionals, and much more.
- You will be comfortable with different audiences and tones: from scripting a primary school assembly, to crafting advice for young people and professionals about serious online harms.
- As a senior member of the Creative function, you will also help shape Parent Zone’s marketing and comms strategy and content.
- You will work closely with the Partnerships function to liaise with clients, including attending external meetings.
- You will also help generate ideas and copy on our website.
Skills and experience
You will be an imaginative and innovative content creator, with the ability to develop new ideas and concepts.
- You will have experience working at a mid-to-high level of responsibility on a publication or content agency.
- You will have excellent people and line management skills.
- You will have been part of a management team, developing effective and realistic strategic plans for Creative outputs.
- You will be a skilled and flexible writer and editor, capable of adjusting your style – or adapting those of others – for different consumer and professional audiences. You will be able to write and edit in a tone of voice that is warm, authoritative and appropriate.
- You will also have an exemplary grasp of grammar, with sub-editing experience.
- You will understand creative production processes and schedules – able to oversee and manage a project from inception to publication.
- You will have an interest in parenting and the challenges facing families and young people in the digital age.
- You will enjoy being part of a growing team - being agile, flexible and juggling several editorial projects at once.
- You will have excellent organisational and time management abilities.
- You will have a strong understanding of the educational landscape, the priorities of teachers, and the needs of schools.
- You will have effective account management skills: be able to understand a brief, deal with clients in a responsive and sympathetic manner, and deliver what’s needed.
- You will be comfortable using a CMS, adept at social media management, and will be able to contribute effectively to editorial decisions about priorities, layout etc.
Based: Parent Zone offers blended working combing the flexibility to work from home with regular (weekly) attendance in our Islington offices. Please send your CV and a covering letter.