Slimming World is the UK’s leading weight management organisation, helping members lose weight in our community-based groups around the UK and Ireland and online through our digital programme.
Slimming World Magazine is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and impeccably organised Editorial Assistant to research member success stories and provide administrative support to its award-winning editorial team, combining excellent people and multitasking skills with an eye for detail and a nose for an inspirational story.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- sourcing and researching real-life slimming success stories from our members, providing detailed written outlines
- responding to readers’ queries and feedback
- general day-to-day office administration
- assisting in the organisation of photoshoots, including creating itineraries and booking travel and accommodation attending competition days (outside of usual office hours
We would love to hear from you if you:
- have a proven interest in journalism or journalistic research
- possess a sincere interest in people and their personal stories
- demonstrate empathy towards slimmers
- have a commitment to providing excellent service to readers and members
- have a warm and friendly telephone manner and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a very high standard of grammar and spelling
- are a keen organiser, who can manage your time efficiently and set your own deadlines as you keep our busy office running smoothly
- would love the opportunity to be at the heart of a busy, creative team
What we offer…
At Slimming World we’re passionate about helping others, we’re fully committed to the development of our teams and offer exciting career opportunities. Our employees receive an excellent range of benefits including a health cash-back plan, an onsite gym, discounted hair and beauty treatments at our salon, subsidised restaurant, free parking, access to pension scheme, free membership to a Slimming World group for 12 weeks and 34 days holiday a year.
Click here to see a glimpse of the work we do and the fun we have along the way!
How to apply…
If you love the sound of this role and want to work with a friendly and supportive team, please apply with your CV and cover letter. Be sure to tell us all about you, your salary expectations and share three of your best achievements in a similar role. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please click ‘Apply for this job’ at the top of this page to start the online application process.
To ensure a smooth application process when applying for one of our roles, please empty the cache in your web browser before starting your application. Please also note that your CV and covering letter must be 10MB or less to be compatible with our system. Before submitting your application to us, please check that all mandatory fields have been completed, the ‘back’ and ‘next’ buttons can be used to navigate through the online application form. If you’ve any questions about our application process or need any technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your application online you are giving your consent to Slimming World to process your personal information. Details on how information about you will be used can be found on Our Privacy Promise which can be accessed here.