The Wall Street Journal is seeking a journalist to launch a first-of-its-kind climate newsletter.
We want someone who can create a must-read digest focused on the intersection of business, money and climate. The role will include reporting, editing and data analysis.
The newsletter is the first to draw from the global reach of The Wall Street Journal and the financial and industry expertise of Dow Jones, including Barron's, MarketWatch and the company's deep pool of data on sustainability, energy and commodities markets.
- Write and edit a lively, sophisticated weekly newsletter on business and climate change
- Become an expert on the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Use your data, visual and analytical skills to produce smart takes using our proprietary data
- An ability to report original stories for the newsletter and for the Journal. Sharp eye for promoting and summarizing existing content.
- Skills to produce sophisticated written and visual analysis using our data.
- Experience building an audience, producing audio and visual stories and doing live journalism
- A passion for climate coverage, in particular the business, economic and financial implications of the shift to a low-carbon economy.
The position will be based in New York and be part of the Journal's finance team. It will report to Ken Brown, who oversees the Journal's coverage of risk, enforcement and regulation.'
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job. Please also include clips and other work samples specifically on climate.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32023