Food Editor - Delish UK
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Food Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Delish is looking for a passionate Food Editor with an appetite for creating exciting food content. From new product launches, to the latest food trends, you will live and breathe food.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-starter who loves data and will utilise it to grow Delish’s food proposition, with a particular focus on organic food traffic. As part of this role, you will help oversee Delish’s SEO strategy, particularly focusing on the creation and optimisation of evergreen content, while also exploring trending food news stories. You will have a passion for writing, creating a strategy particularly around evergreen, SEO-led how-to pieces and food guides to help educate and inspire Delish’s audience. You will also work with Delish’s Digital Writer on a monthly recipe SEO strategy, as well as Delish’s video and social media team to develop a concrete video strategy.
As part of your role, you will also source and write daily food and drink news stories, while working with the SEO director on Delish's food SEO strategy.
- Work with the Editor across all areas of Delish’s digital food strategy from recipe content creation, to video, to newsletter creation.
- Work with the social media editor to diversify content for Delish’s social media channels increasing engagement.
- Write food news and features relevant to Delish's digital audience.
- Monitor food analytics and trends, reporting back to the Editor.
- Be committed to creating diverse and inclusive content.
You will live and breathe food, and will ideally have experience working in food publishing, or in a food writing based role previously. You will ideally have experience working on a food or lifestyle website with strong working knowledge of SEO. As the Food Editor, you will have the ability to generate and translate ideas and concepts into first class digital features.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Two days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.