Consultant Editor, Muddy Stilettos Sussex
3-4 days per week in 2022
An exciting opportunity to join Muddy Stilettos’ dynamic editorial team on one of its flagship county sites.
Muddy Stilettos is the UK's biggest lifestyle site for cosmopolitan, fun-loving women aged 30-55 outside London looking to make the most of their spare time. An award-winning platform spanning 28 counties with an urbane outlook and an irreverent, up-beat attitude, we’re an ambitious company reaching over 1.1 million readers each month.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced, digital-savvy multi-media journalist to be our editor for Muddy Sussex, one of our flagship counties.
The ideal candidate lives in Sussex, has significant experience as a journalist on national titles, and writes with warmth, wit and insight. We are looking for someone who has as a keen eye for a clickable story, knows reels from stories, can create e-newsletters effortlessly, and has an innate understanding of who the Muddy reader is, and what she wants to read.
You will work closely with the HQ editorial team and your dedicated regional commercial manager to deliver the very best of the county onto the Muddy Sussex site.
- Writing and editing Muddy Sussex, posting a set number of features regularly and growing readership
- Working with the regional sales team to maximise commercial opportunities in the county
- Forward-planning features and working to a shared flat plan
- Writing and publishing locally-focused newsletters each week
- Building your presence and posting regularly on IG and FB.
- Making sure you’re first-to-know about the latest news, products and shops
- Representing the Muddy Stilettos brand in the region
- Urbane, cosmopolitan with great taste
- Well-connected in Sussex with local businesses and those in the know, and living in Sussex
- Charming, fun and unpretentious – you can get along with everyone
- Motivated and organised
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Good under pressure, and able to reliably hit deadlines
- A team player
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Brilliant writing - accessible, witty, down-to-earth
- Experience of how PRs, sponsorship and advertising work together
- Comfortable with mailchimp or similar e-newsletter platform
- Knowledge of Wordpress or similar
- Ability to work comfortably across social platforms, particularly IG and fb
- Ability to multi-task and work at pace
- Experience of living in a large city would be useful
- Regular access to press theatre, pub, restaurant, hotel, spa and beauty treatments across Sussex for review
- Reviews in other parts of the Muddy network are also possible
- For the right candidate, overseas travel reviews for publication in our national Travel section
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to apply to the Editor, Muddy Stilettos, by sending your CV and examples of your work.
Sussex - Flexible Homeworking
4 July 2022
£30k pro rata