Dezeen is seeking a digital editor to join its digital and engagement team in London.
Dezeen is looking for a talented digital editor with a track record of increasing engagement and growing audiences to lead its digital and engagement team.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, design and interiors magazine, with three million readers a month.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead Dezeen’s digital and engagement team, which is responsible for Dezeen’s newsletters, comments, social media and marketing.
The digital editor’s primary objective is to grow Dezeen’s audience across all our platforms and develop strategies to ensure a closer relationship with our readers and drive engagement with Dezeen services.
- The digital editor is responsible for devising and delivering Dezeen’s newsletter, comments, social media and marketing strategies.
- They will manage a team comprising a social media editor, a marketing assistant and a digital assistant.
- The digital editor is responsible for producing Dezeen’s weekly editorial newsletters, Dezeen Debate and Dezeen Agenda, as well as overseeing our subscriber lists and editing all newsletter content, including marketing communications.
- They are required to work with the marketing assistant to ensure that Dezeen’s services are effectively marketed, ensuring that regular marketing newsletters are sent out in a timely manner and new services or key events are effectively promoted
- Working with the digital assistant, they are required to ensure that Dezeen’s content and SEO performance across all platforms is regularly analysed and the insights are shared across all the content teams to inform content strategy and increase traffic
- They are also expected to work with the social media editor to ensure that Dezeen social media networks are growing and content is engaging and free from errors.
- We are looking for an editor with at least two years’ experience in a similar digital role.
- They must have impeccable writing skills with a keen eye for detail and an ability to produce and edit quality, engaging content in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of SEO, experience of web data analysis and a track record of using those skills to grow audiences and engagement is essential for the role.
- Familiarity with WordPress would be highly desirable, as would knowledge of Campaign Monitor or similar email marketing services. Knowledge of the architecture and design sectors and experience of managing a team would also be highly beneficial.
The position is based at Dezeen’s office in Hoxton, London, UK. However, we offer flexible and remote working opportunities to our team.
Dezeen was named as one of the top 50 companies to work for in 2022 by The Dots.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications for all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover note along with your salary expectations to Dezeen’s chief content officer Benedict Hobson via the apply for job button below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we can regretfully only respond to candidates selected for interview.