The Wall Street Journal is looking for a reporter to cover FedEx, UPS, freight railroads like Union Pacific and CSX, the Postal Service and the logistics industry.
This is a corporate beat examining the way goods move around the world from all perspectives: consumers, workers, shippers, executives and regulators. These businesses are part of a pivotal industry that underpins the global economy and that is being challenged by new technologies, changing consumer habits and strained supply chains.
We are looking for someone excited to find and tell stories that can't be read anywhere else.
- Cultivate sources and break news, delivering scoops and analysis that separate your work from the pack. Your writing will be revelatory to both a general audience and sophisticated investors.
- Deliver ambitious enterprise stories that start conversations and set agendas. You are part of a team but it is your job to be the expert on your beat, conceive of feature ideas and report them out.
- Collaborate with colleagues covering retailers, manufacturers, small businesses as well as shipping lines and trucking. You will also work on diverse storytelling formats such as data visualizations, podcasts and video.
- A track record of dominating a beat and producing scoops and enterprise ahead of the competition.
- A demonstrated ability to tackle ambitious projects and find original approaches to coverage
- Strong explanatory writing skills
- The interpersonal skills to be a great, collaborative teammate
This position is based in our New York City office and reports to the New York Corporate Bureau Chief.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and clips that demonstrate your ability to deliver exclusive news and insights.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32229