News Editor, Livingetc
London, England, United Kingdom
Editorial, Full time
Livingetc is the UK’s best-selling modern homes magazine with a growing website that’s making waves on a global stage. The brand focuses on the now and the next in home design and decor, so you’ll be joining the team that defines and decodes the biggest interior design trends and covers anything related to urban or modern living.
Livingetc is part of Future plc, which has a portfolio of the world’s leading homes brands, including Homes & Gardens and Ideal Home. In the wider business, you’ll be working alongside Wallpaper*, Marie Claire, Decanter and Country Life.
As News Editor, you will be generating high-quality, engaging news articles for Livingetc, with the aim of delivering significant global audience. Working closely with the deputy editor and editor to ensure the quantity and quality of news content is to the required standards. You will monitor news traffic opportunities for Livingetc and ensure content can be created quickly and effectively to maximise opportunity.
- First-rate SEO expertise and a keen interest in and understanding of analytical tools. An ability to use these tools to shape your content creations and strategy.
- An understanding of the Livingetc aesthetic and brand values, coupled with a keen interest in the homes and interiors industry and an excellent contacts book and network.
- An understanding of media law and image rights. You will be responsible for sourcing your own images for stories and flagging any legal issues.
- Flexibility - news traffic doesn’t always peak 9-5 so some elements of the role might require a more flexible approach to hours at certain times of the year.
- You’ll have a passion for the data side of web editing and closely monitor and interpret performance and trends.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.