TES (formerly the Times Educational Supplement) – the UK’s biggest website for schools – is looking for an ambitious reporter to join its award-winning news team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong record of breaking exclusives and investigations in a fast-paced environment, and will be ready for a role on a national, specialist title.
They will be hungry to build contacts across a range of patches, pitch ideas and deliver agenda-setting scoops that serve a professional readership.
They will also be committed to the highest standards of accuracy and possess the ability to write clean, timely copy across different formats – primarily news stories and investigations, but also long reads and analyses.
Experience of working across different digital platforms, including video, would be a bonus, as would data journalism skills.
Key skills and experience:
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- Passion for specialist news journalism
- Desire to hold decision-makers to account on behalf of school leaders
- Ability to identify the information that school leaders need, when they need it
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong understanding of the challenges and needs of TES readers
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadline pressure while retaining high levels of accuracy
- Tenacity to produce long-term investigations and source off-diary stories
- Experience working on a busy daily news desk