Barron's is seeking a journalist with keen digital instincts to amplify the brand as a key source for business news and investment advice on major social media platforms.
This producer will work with our digital and innovative story teams to develop Barron's voice and style on platforms such as TikTok or Instagram. Ideally, this person would be willing to experiment with being the face of the news organization on those platforms.
Beyond these efforts, this journalist will also help manage our feeds and alerts on Twitter, Facebook and other platforms. For this reason, we are seeking someone who understands the techniques and journalistic reasons that help stories trend with audiences. Barron's strongly values teamwork, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to David.Cho@barrons.com, Bob.Rose@barrons.com and Matt.Bemer@barrons.com and apply through the link on this job posting.
- Oversee Barron's social media strategy across various platforms, developing our voice, style, and potentially becoming the face of the brand
- Manage posting to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media feeds that highlight our journalism
- Create weekly content that sometimes expands and explains concepts. This may be in collaboration with reporters or on your own, and could appear on Twitter Moments, Instagram Stories, and other places
- Work across various departments, including art, video, data, and events, to coordinate, commission, and schedule posts
- Grow our audiences in a meaningful way across these platforms with the goal of creating loyal subscribers and readers
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32275