Freelance Writer, The Week
London, England, United Kingdom
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived over the past couple of years, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
We are looking for a Freelance writer to join 'The Week', Britain’s second biggest selling news weekly, with around 300,000 dedicated readers. The Week magazine is looking for a freelance writer for our “The world at a glance”, this will consist of 20+ short piece per week.
- A strong interest in world news.
- The ability to understand complex issues, and to write about them in a clear, concise and lively style.
- A good employment track record. Journalistic experience is welcome, but not necessary: anything involving writing and the understanding of complex issues would be considered.
- Knowledge of The Week: its format, style, etc. If you don’t know the title, please familiarise yourself with paper magazine - which is different from the website - and particularly the world news sections.
The work would be a regular two days per week - Monday and Tuesday - in our office in Paddington. Rates of pay competitive. Start early June. For the right candidate, it could lead to a permanent role, four days per week, doing these pages and related work.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!) subject to freelance / perm offer.
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.