Premium Content Editor
REPORTING TO: Head of Digital
We're hiring a Premium Content Editor to join the HELLO! online team on a maternity cover role. We're looking for an editor with at least 6 years' experience working in a busy newsroom, used to juggling responsibilities and managing a team.
Main responsibilities will be focused on premium content such as Digital Issues and Digital Covers, digital repurposing of magazine content, digital subscription content and newsletters.
This is a fast-paced role where the ability to keep to tight deadlines and to multi-task is an absolute must. You will be solely responsible for the production schedule of HELLO!’s digital issue and digital cover content, from booking talent to developing shoot concepts, and working closely with the magazine editorial team and the commercial team to ensure that all content works across platforms and is monetised wherever the opportunity arises.
You will also be responsible for the editorial content of premium newsletters. You’ll work with magazine editors to ensure any magazine exclusives that could work cross platform are adapted appropriately and scheduled for the best performance.
As HELLO!’s paid for premium digital offering is developed during the year (via an app) you will help strategise new and exciting content ideas which could be added to bundles to help further drive conversion and revenues.
You will be used to working with and reacting to data at all times - ensuring the best performance possible of all content and adapting strategy according to analytics. You will have a keen news eye and be used to ensuring all interviews you perform have strong top lines. Fast, accurate and engaging copy is both second nature to you but also something you can help instil in more junior team members who work with you on projects.
As part of HELLO!’s senior editorial team, at times you will be asked to oversee other senior roles and to be part of the out-of-hours subbing and editing team.
Your key skills: strong writing skills, editing skills and team management skills. Photoshop, CMS and SEO knowledge is vital as is the ability to be highly organised and able to turn your hand to project and shoot management and forward planning.
- To manage the production of our Digital Covers (UK, US and global), pitching out to celebrities on a regular basis and ensuring the project is well managed from start to finish.
- To manage the production of our Digital Issues, securing celebrity guest editors and contributors for each Issue and ensuring the project is well managed from start to finish.
- To work with the US team to deliver Digital Covers and Digital Issues and brainstorm inclusions in global issues.
- Conduct interviews for our Digital Covers and Issues.
- Come up with the creative shoot concept for each Cover/Issue.
- Plan and organise celebrity shoots, securing the venue and crew.
- Liaise with the Production and Design teams to ensure the Cover/Issue is produced to a high quality.
- Liaise with HELLO!'s editorial print team to promote Digital Covers and Issues in the magazine.
- Take responsibility for the marketing of premium issues and work with the commercial team to ensure monetisation of issues is optimised.
- Work with the magazine team to ensure the publishing of exclusive magazine content online is optimised for traffic and exposure.
- Work with the Newsletter team to produce premium newsletter offerings across many verticals.
- Work as part of the senior editorial team to cover absences and form part of the out-of-hours subbing team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Have a creative flair and be bursting with ideas on how to modernise our digital content.
- Have a bursting book of celebrity PR contacts and contacts for shoot suppliers (crew, venues)
- Excellent organisational and forward planning skills
- Strong nose for news
- Strong interviewing and editing skills
- Ability to write quickly under pressure
- Working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- CMS experience
- Passion for celebrity and entertainment
Please click Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
Start date: Ideally early July.