The foundation of Vogue’s leadership and authority is the brand’s unique role as a cultural barometer for a global audience. Vogue places fashion in the context of culture and the world we live in — how we dress, live and socialize; what we eat, listen to and watch; who leads and inspires us. Vogue immerses itself in fashion, always leading readers to what will happen next. Thought-provoking, relevant and always influential, Vogue defines the culture of fashion.
Location: London, GB
Acting Features Editor, Vogue (maternity cover)
The Acting Features Editor is responsible for producing, commissioning and editing features stories for Vogue’s print edition and all digital platforms. The role works closely with the Global Network Lead & European Features Director to oversee stories from the team and to identify content appropriate for markets across Europe and beyond.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commissioning and editing features and news for Vogue’s digital platforms, from daily news hits to larger features and exclusives
- Commissioning, editing and writing features and news stories, primarily for British Vogue’s print edition but also developing stories that can be used across our European editions (France, Spain, Italy, Germany).
- Working with the Global Network Lead & European Features Director to collaborate and liaise with colleagues across the European markets to ensure story balance and output remains consistent.
- Contributing to the social, digital and video strategy for the magazine, whether ideating on projects, helping to propose or secure talent (in conjunction with The Talent Group)
- Understanding and building commercial relationships, working with the revenue teams on special projects whenever necessary
- Regularly meeting with contacts and PRs and feeding back to the team to build relationships, secure editorial exclusives and ensure that Vogue remains at the forefront of the arts and lifestyle conversation
- Keeping fully abreast of the news cycle to ensure that our coverage across print and digital is timely, informed and unique
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior features editorial role, commissioning and editing long and short form journalism.
- The ability to generate unique and brilliant feature ideas across a wide variety of subjects
- A flair for storytelling and a proven track record of identifying trends and topics to cover - and the best way in which to write and engage with our audience
- Highly skilled at building stories and editing at speed within a CMS
- An understanding of the importance of SEO in journalism, and how to use it effectively in everything from body copy to headlines
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues across myriad departments and differing levels of seniority
- A thorough understanding of the Vogue brand and Condé Nast
- A comprehensive network, encompassing contacts in the arts, lifestyle, social trends, politics and beyond, as well as proven working relationship with leading writers in these fields
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.