London, England, United Kingdom
Editorial, Full time
Infopro Digital’s Ignite team creates bespoke content and thought leadership campaigns for market-leading media brands in the risk management, capital markets and fintech space. We enable clients to engage exclusive audiences via compelling content solutions and thought leadership campaigns, by creating high-value research solutions and marketing services to our clients. Our brands enable our clients to make informed business decisions and create new opportunities.
Our team comprises experienced specialist commercial editors, creatives, research experts and campaign managers, allied with the editorial expertise, audience insight, reach and resources of market-leading brands: Risk.net, WatersTechnology. Central Banking Journal and FX Markets.
We are seeking a subeditor with print and online production experience who will be responsible for editorial work, layout, production and delivery of the division’s commercial editorial projects, including advertorials, white papers, market reports and commercially driven supplements. With a focus on our awards campaigns, the candidate will work with clients, marketing and editorial teams co-ordinating and delivering awards collateral across our portfolio.
You will contribute to ensuring our marketing and events literature is being produced to the highest standard. You will be part of a team with responsibility for the quality, accuracy and consistency of marketing content, customer communications, website assets and messaging, as well as internal and external presentation decks, ensuring compliance with house style guidelines.
This is a challenging and diverse role, ideal for an experienced subeditor interested in working across multiple titles and projects, often simultaneously, and across a variety of media. The successful candidate will work within the commercial editorial team to ensure paid-for and marketing content is produced to the highest quality and, as an advocate for best practice, you’ll be detail-focused and proactive.
The role covers commercial editorial projects across a range of titles and involves working closely with global clients post-sale: from chasing copy, interpreting and implementing clients’ requirements and meeting their expectations to production and presentation of final copy for publication across a variety of media. Duties on commercial supplements, market reports, white papers and other projects include design, layout and managing copy flow and deadlines with editorial, commercial, events, marketing and production staff, as well as external suppliers.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of awards collateral – including winners’ features, logos, social media and marketing content – to clients and winners across a variety of campaigns.
- Editorial work, layout, production and support on commercial editorial projects, white papers, advertorials, market reports, supplements and other projects, in print and online, requiring copy-editing, subediting, proofreading, writing headlines, standfirsts and captions.
- Layout and some design work using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.
- Liaising and working with clients post-sale to ensure an efficient production and delivery process, including interpreting and implementing clients’ requirements within reasonable parameters, managing and meeting client expectations to produce final copy for publication, launch or supply across a variety of media/platforms.
- Working closely with the sales and marketing teams to create and provide award packages, comprising customised PDFs and interactive content, reprints, logos plus any associated print editorial and video content to clients, award winners, and co-ordinating the awards collateral delivery process.
- Carry out design work as and when required, which could include creating infographics, marketing collateral and InDesign templates.
- Creating print-ready and online reports and supplements and associated material, requiring a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and workflow systems, ensuring production schedules and deadlines are adhered to.
- Any other work-related tasks that may reasonably be requested.
- Extensive, proven, practical knowledge of and expertise in using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat within a Mac environment.
- Extensive subediting experience, including writing headlines, captions and standfirsts, proofreading and copy-editing.
- An unfailing attention to detail, ensuring copy conforms to a range of house styles.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Practical ability in the use and creation of publications in print and other media – applicants must have some background knowledge in digital media/publishing.
- Practical knowledge of and experience in using a content management system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, including the ability to liaise with clients and staff at all levels of the organisation, and with a passion for educating others on good practice.
- Experience as a production editor or similar (subediting, layout, image creation/manipulation, online work, graph/chart/table creation).
- Experience of advertorial work.
- Ability to project-manage and deliver high-quality work on time, sometimes within a tight schedule, and with minimum supervision.
- Some journalistic/copywriting experience or aptitude.
- Some experience of finance and trading technologies.
- Knowledge of print publishing practices.
We know great people make great companies. Infopro Digital is defined by people and passion, and powered by knowledge and innovation. Everything we do is centred on trust, integrity and respect. Our collaborative approach drives creativity across our markets; and our focus on giving teams ownership allows us to build an entrepreneurial culture where our people and brands can thrive and grow.
We run a Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Hybrid working options
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Agile/remote working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan