Senior Video Producer, Lifestyle & Entertainment
Newsweek - Remote, United Kingdom
Newsweek is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic full-time Senior Video Producer, Lifestyle & Entertainment to join our growing video team. While our UK Bureau is based in London, this role is able to be worked remotely in the UK.
If you’re applying for this role, it means you have a knack for finding, reading and watching stories and videos about a variety of trending topics, from footage going viral on TikTok, to lifestyle topics like gardening and food, and entertainment like TV, film and celebrity news. You love editing and are well-versed in producing different videos, whether it be editing a short clip, a text-on-screen video or producing an interview for online audiences, and then editing videos in such a way that will captivate viewers. You know how to work well with others. You are familiar with copyright permissions when it comes to obtaining video from social media and you know how to spot a viral video before it goes viral. You can also provide support and guidance to others throughout all phases of video production, from pre edit to post.
- Produce and edit several videos per day for Newsweek articles on various topics, including viral, trends, lifestyle, sports, entertainment, health, science, TV, film and more using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
- Work closely with editors and reporters across the newsroom to make sure there is matching video for stories before they go out and look for video after stories are published.
- Coordinate with video and editorial managers and teams to execute matching strategy
- Make sure appropriate videos go into the appropriate articles for a perfect or near match
- Manage and provide support and guidance to producers during all phases of video production, including writing/editing scripts and spot checking videos before they’re published
- Pitch lifestyle and entertainment content ideas
- Find, obtain and edit footage to match soft news stories based on internet trends and viral videos.
- Ensure that all video content on Newsweek.com adheres to Newsweek editorial guidelines
- Provide insight into emerging platforms and trends
- Manage multiple editing schedules and projects of complexity
- Work successfully under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations
- At least 1 year of professional experience producing content for a digital publication
- Proficient video editing skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
- A deep understanding of trending/viral, lifestyle and entertainment content and a deep interest in social media including TikTok
- Experience successfully guiding team members through various video production tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment
- Able to work in a team environment and work well with others
- Must be able to multitask and work collaboratively with editorial and technical teams across platforms and editorial disciplines
- Self starter and eagerness to contribute new ideas
- Interest and experience in a variety of topics, such as technology, pop culture, science and entertainment
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early morning, nights or weekends, if requested
Please forward resume, cover letter and links to any available video work with notes on your role in each of them. Thank you.