We are seeking a digitally proficient financial journalist to cover Malaysia for Dow Jones Newswires.
- send headlines and write fast stories and updates on the most important news of the day for our audience of financial professionals.
- chase and break market-moving news in Malaysia, as well as provide real-time coverage of stock markets around Asia with a close eye on big moves in individual stocks and the factors that are driving them.
- cover the local end of big stories for The Wall Street Journal.
- near-native command of English
- native fluency in Malay
- familiarity with corporate press releases and the ability to identify the important elements therein
- the ability to send headlines and copy with a high degree of accuracy on tight deadlines
- a keen understanding of how to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
This position is based in Kuala Lumpur and reports to the Singapore-based editor for Real-Time News.
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience align with the requirements of the role, and 3-5 samples of your work, preferably business or finance-related.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32317