The Chelsea Magazine Company: Assistant Editor – Artists & Illustrators
- Employer: The Chelsea Magazine Company Ltd
- Location: London (Chelsea SW3)
- Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 p.a. DOE
- Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
- Reports to: Editor
The Chelsea Magazine Company is looking for a bright all-round journalist to work with the Editor of Artists & Illustrators.
- Sub editing and fact-checking, proof-reading, writing captions and using InDesign to a high level
- Undertake picture research
- Write news pages, interviews, and some features
- Manage the websites and social media accounts, creating or repurposing content to attract and maintain a highly engaged audience
The key challenge is helping to create first class products and communicate the unique selling points to an audience of practising artists including aspiring amateurs, professionals and those who paint purely for pleasure.
We require someone who is confident in delivering concise and accurate copy and able to bring an organised, structured approach to any responsibilities that he or she is given.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hardworking, resourceful, and independent, with a meticulous eye for detail. An interest or love of art would be beneficial.
- Educated to degree level preferred
- First-rate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign
- Meticulous sub-editor proof-reader and fact-checker
- Ability to write informative copy to specific briefs and tight deadlines
- High-level understanding of social media posting, scheduling and strategy
- Experience with WordPress CMS is preferable but not essential
- Exemplary time management, self-motivated and organised
- Confident and presentable
- Several years relevant journalistic experience, ideally on consumer magazines
- You will be expected to attend occasional events
- Stand in for the Editor in his/her absence
Salary will be according to experience.
To apply, please send your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter.
Closing date for applications is 10 June 2022.