The Personal Finance Reporter will be part of a team responsible for producing engaging money journalism for digital and print to include the best news stories and the most insightful features. This content is central to the Telegraph’s subscription strategy and is hugely popular among our most engaged, paying digital readers.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Pitching, reporting and writing stories for Telegraph Money online and in print, as well as for the Business and Newsprint sections
- Breaking exclusive, agenda-leading news stories and coming up with original features ideas
- Writing in a range of formats including news, analysis, expert advice, guides, explainers and case studies (such as money makeovers)
- Thinking of compelling ways to present information to readers, which could include digital tools such as calculators and visual assets such as illustrations and infographics
- Monitoring reader correspondence via email, story comments and social posts and using this to generate ideas
- Excellent, accurate writing across a range of formats
- Experience of writing and developing stories for digital and print
- Numeracy and the ability to understand data and present it in a clear and accurate manner, both in writing and through the use of charts
- An ability to explain and convey complex subjects clearly and comprehensively
- An ability to find new ways to cover the same topics or issues
- A network of contacts across the spectrum of personal finance topics including investing, property, tax, pensions, banking, scams and insurance
- An ability to show initiative and work well under pressure
- An understanding of the Telegraph audience and ideas for how to reach new readers
- Experience of working in news at regional, national or international level
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to be part of our happy and successful team
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.