lovePROPERTY.com, Features Writer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Features Writer to join our hugely successful brand lovePROPERTY.com, and help grow our audience around the world.
You’ll be producing engaging and insightful photo gallery-style features on a range of topics from celebrity homes and luxury real estate to abandoned houses, real-life property stories and decorating features.
This is a fantastic opportunity for people who would love the challenge of researching and creating compelling news-led and evergreen content and are excited by the idea of their work being seen globally.
The role will predominately be home-based although will occasionally require travel to London.
Key responsibilities of the roles:
- Generating great ideas that will help us grow our audience on our own and our partner sites;
- Researching and producing new pieces of engaging, predominately photo-led content;
- Updating and reworking key pieces of older content so they are up to date and relevant;
- Monitoring performance to understand what’s worked and what hasn’t and why using analytics tools (full training will be provided).
Skills and attributes needed:
- Passionate about digital journalism and telling great stories using words and pictures;
- Experience of writing and editing for the web;
- Photo editing skills a bonus;
- Knowledge of social media and search engine optimisation;
- Experience of using a content management system beneficial (although training will be provided);
- Good interpersonal/communication skills;
- Excellent project/time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail (eg grammar, style, consistency);
- A passion for and demonstrable knowledge of the subject matter area you are applying for;
- An excellent news instinct and understanding of current affairs and popular culture.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
lovePROPERTY.com is part of Love Inc, a fast-growing digital lifestyle publishing company with a global focus.
Love Inc is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please send us a cover letter detailing why you would be right for this role.
As part of your application, we would also like you to send us three ideas for photo-led stories for lovePROPERTY.com that would appeal to a global audience (not just the UK). Tell us why you’ve chosen them. These can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
You can see more examples of the topics we cover at https://www.loveproperty.com/
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations. Applications without all of the above elements will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 2 June 2022.