Deputy Editor – LovePROPERTY.com
We are looking for a Deputy Editor to work on our dynamic homes and interiors website lovePROPERTY.com. We are looking for someone organised, self-driven and passionate who can create and edit high-quality consumer-oriented digital content for a global audience.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital writer ready to take the next step or a digital editor with a knowledge of and passion for property and interiors.
Offering lots of flexibility, the role is predominately home-based, but it will require occasional travel to London and to events/launches.
- Assist the Editor in the day-to-day running of lovePROPERTY.com
- Put together email newsletters and assist with running social media accounts
- Commission property features from our established team of freelance writers
- Sub and upload features from freelance journalists
- Write features and news items including photo research and editing
- Use SEO techniques to ensure copy is fully optimised where appropriate
- Generate ideas for new content and for expanding existing themes
- Assist with maintaining PR relationships and seek out relevant opportunities
- Generating compelling story ideas that will achieve traffic and engagement targets on both our own sites and our third-party partners;
- Managing content calendars with lovePROPERTY Editor to ensure content is planned in advance and reuse/update content where appropriate;
- Assist with competitions, offers and giveaways on lovePROPERTY;
- Monitoring performance to understand what’s worked and what hasn’t and why using analytics tools;
To do this role, you’ll need to be/have...
- Passionate and knowledgeable about property, architecture, building, design and interiors
- At least two years’ experience of producing engaging content for digital audiences
- Experience and knowledge of working on websites and content management systems (basic html would be an advantage)
- An understanding of SEO and using social media to engage users
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Basic photo editing skills (ideally using Photoshop)
- Proven excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A proactive attitude with a willingness to use your initiative
- Excellent project/time management, organisational skills and attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and excellent benefits, including 30 days annual leave.
lovePROPERTY.com is part of Love Inc, a fast-growing digital lifestyle publishing company with a global focus. Our sister sites are loveEXPLORING.com, loveMONEY.com and loveFOOD.com.
Love Inc is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please include a detailed cover letter telling us why you think you are a good fit for the Deputy Editor role at lovePROPERTY.
In your covering letter we would also like you to send us three ideas for photo-led stories suitable for lovePROPERTY. These ideas should appeal to a global audience, not just the UK. Please tell us why you think they work for the brand’s audience.
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Applications without all the above elements will not be considered.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 2 June 2022.