News Editor - The Mail on Sunday
Location: Mail on Sunday Headquarters – London
The Mail on Sunday is looking for a talented and dynamic News Editor to lead its News Department.
The successful candidate will have an instinctive understanding of what makes a Mail on Sunday story along with a hunger to break agenda-setting scoops. He or she will have exceptional editing skills and significant senior experience on a national newspaper.
The Mail on Sunday is Britain’s best-selling Sunday newspaper and is currently Sunday Newspaper of the Year. This is a very rare opportunity to take on one of the most demanding but rewarding jobs in Fleet Street and help shape the future of the paper.
- Inspiring reporters and ensuring they consistently deliver big, exclusive stories
- Managing the news desk and reporters
- Preparing news lists and presenting them to the Editor in Conference
- Editing copy at speed and to the highest standard
- Coming up with creative, workable ideas for stories and investigations
- Ensuring stories are produced in accordance with applicable laws and the Editors’ Code
- Maintaining good relationships with freelancers and other contributors
Please send a CV and cover letter (maximum one page).
This role is Tuesday-Saturday and based in our offices in Kensington, London.
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the Pension Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the Pension Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- DMGT Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
dmg media’s brands deliver highly engaging, trusted content to millions of loyal customers around the globe, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Together, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, i, MailOnline, Mail Plus, metro.co.uk and inews.co.uk reach more than 11m people daily in the UK.* Globally, our brands reach 180m unique browsers every month.** In March 2021, the business acquired the world’s leading science title, New Scientist.
dmg media’s newsbrands are expert at getting to the bottom of the stories most relevant to their readers.
*PAMCo 1 2020 ** Omniture April 2021
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.