About the Role
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We provide research tools and services for onboarding, vetting and investigation to help companies comply with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations in mitigating third-party risk.
In this role you will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record and update details relating to individuals and entities listed on Sanctions & Other Official Lists ("Special Lists") issued by government bodies and regulators around the world, for example, the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US, national law enforcement bodies or securities regulators. You will report to the Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists. You will be based in Barcelona.
- Create, update and quality check information on individuals and entities cited on Special Lists by continually monitoring and analyzing the relevant publicly available sources as well as Dow Jones own products and specific directories
- Research, extract and maintain relevant data adhering to team guidelines
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about Special Lists content
- Monitor changes in sanctions, counter-terrorism financing and anti-money laundering regulations
- Write Due Diligence reports on companies and/or individuals as required and contribute to other projects
- Fluency in English. Any other language (preferred but not limited to Russian, Polish or Turkish) is an advantage.
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Proofreading skills and experience handling large volumes of information
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- The ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the workings of the global Sanctions landscape
- Automation skills, such as advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML and/or SQL
- Education to degree level or relevant experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 32387