Excellence in news demands excellence in our customers' experiences. Our Experience Group brings together Product, UX, Technology, Program Management, and Customer Research with a single purpose: to connect people to the news that matters most, when and where they need it, by creatively defining and building connected, innovative and sustainable experiences/products that are data-informed and with a customer lens.
As a UX Researcher, you will be a voice and advocate for users of our websites and apps, learning about their goals, desires, and preferences. You will help deliver a systematic study of target users and their requirements, adding realistic contexts and insights to our UX processes and providing valuable information and actionable insights to inform experimentation and optimize solutions.
This will be a collaborative role requiring partnerships with Experience Architecture, Experience Design, Customer Intelligence, Technology, Project Management, Product, Membership, as well as SMEs and Partners across Dow Jones.
In this specific role, you will partner closely with our Membership Product team which run experiments and manage experiences such as Registration & Paywall, Subscription Shops, New Subscription Products, Checkout and Payments, Onboarding, In-Product Engagement, and Online Cancellation. You will help shape how to best attract and retain our paying members, by adding both a qualitative and quantitative user research-focused lens to these experiences.
The UX Researcher, Membership will report to the VP, UX Research & Experimentation.
- Work closely with Membership Product, Experience Architects, Experience Designers, and our key partners to define the end-to-end user experience
- Conduct and deliver research and insight communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Supply in-depth research reports that help with decision making
- Provide feedback and recommendations on the success of UX solutions for our product experiences, treatment of content, customer journeys, and acquisition and onboarding journeys
- Provide feedback and recommendations on how UX can best achieve business goals
- Facilitate hands-on problem-solving sessions, events, and workshops with cross-functional teams copy
- Advise and give recommendations on UX strategy and user experience best practices
- Demonstrate all product-related UX Research documentation with sound and clearly communicated rationale
- Answer questions on product experience, including behaviors, pain points, and ideas for improvement.
- Answer questions on the treatment of content, including formats, features, and layout/structure, ease of use.
- Answer questions on customer journeys - how people move through our products and how we can optimize this.
- Answer questions on acquisition and onboarding journeys, including how we remove friction and improve experiences.
- Meet with stakeholders to get input and communicate strategies and solutions
- Meet with Experience Architects and Designers to get input and communicate research findings
- Ensure that the customer stays front and center in our solutions
- Play an integral role in centralizing and organizing user insights in a knowledge repository
- Report on current projects and use of resources
- Coordinate testing with third parties and internal teams
- Stay informed with UX trends and techniques, and proactively pursue knowledge for professional development
- Look beyond News and Media sectors, monitor all relevant technology and design trends, and build a structure for feeding these back into our Products
- Outputs include but are not limited to Research Plans, Mind Maps, Discussion Guides & Surveys, User Personas, Research & Analysis Studies
Required Skill Set:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of rich interactive, consumer, or enterprise web applications
- 3 years minimum experience conducting, analyzing, and communicating UX research, including moderated and unmoderated user testing methods
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Communication Design, BFA, or related experience
- Experience with UserZoom or other user testing software
- Product Design, UX/UI Design, or Information Architecture experience is a plus
- Proven experience with industry-standard digital product design tools (Figma, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle, and prototyping software such as InVision)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Understanding of latest Web and App user experience best practices
- Understanding of user-centered design principles
- Expert working knowledge of A/B, multivariate testing, rapid user testing and benchmarking
- Ability to work manage a range of projects and deliverables through all phases of the development life-cycle
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE & CUSTOMER
Job Category: IT Development Group
Req ID: 32249