The Wall Street Journal seeks an enthusiastic and experienced editor to direct its coverage of Asia's financial markets from a base in Hong Kong.
The role is core to the Journal's coverage of China, the world's second largest economy, and its neighboring countries. This editor will also serve as a player-coach to reporters based in Hong Kong, Singapore and New York, and produce explanatory and high-impact stories for our global readership.
- Guide agenda-setting journalism, helping to conceptualize and develop stories for a global audience, and editing everything from spot news to long-form features.
- Coach reporters on how to interpret and explain market moves.
- Collaborate with the Journal's markets editors and reporters in New York and London on coverage and story planning.
- Occasionally fill in for the Asia Finance Editor, helping to manage an eight-person team in her absence.
- At least five years of prior experience in markets reporting, editing or managing a team of journalists.
- A track record as an idea generator.
- A demonstrated knowledge of the workings and quirks of Asia's markets, and proficiency with financial data and multiple asset classes, including stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
The position will be based in Hong Kong and report to the Journal's Asia Finance Editor.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists deliver important stories firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job, and examples of your work that display your reporting or editing capabilities.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32497