Senior Entertainment and Lifestyle Writer - Cosmopolitan UK
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Senior Entertainment and Lifestyle Writer at Cosmopolitan UK to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this digital-first role you will be producing content for Cosmopolitan.com/uk’s Entertainment and Work/Life channels, creating everything from topical news and shareable features to SEO-driven content and shopping galleries, as well as engaging video concepts, social media suggestions and ideas for our Play and Relax print pages. Alongside working closely with the Entertainment Editor, you will also work independently to come up with ways to grow Cosmopolitan’s lifestyle channels.
- Pitching and writing relevant Entertainment and Lifestyle stories in the form of online news, SEO-driven features and advice, and original, shareable features.
- Creating inventive, shareable video ideas relevant to our audience.
- Assisting with shoots, interviewing talent when required and aiding with the creation of scripts for velocity style video edits.
- Using Google Analytics to analyse data and pull together monthly reports, as well as making informed decisions about potential trends and areas of growth.
- Contributing ideas and writing pages for the Play and Relax sections in magazine.
- Entertainment forward-planning for site and print and fostering relationships with key PRs with a view to securing exclusives both for the website and video opportunities.
- A willingness to cover breaking stories out of hours from time-to-time, and to step up and assist with the running of both the Entertainment and Work/Life section to cover leave.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of writing traffic-driving, shareable content for a digital brand and will be bursting with original ideas and a fascination with what the Cosmopolitan audience is looking for.
- An extensive knowledge of the world of celebrity and lifestyle from a traffic and demographic perspective. Being on top of relevant breaking showbiz news, viral trends and upcoming releases, and leading the news agenda rather than following it.
- An ability to write quickly, while retaining quality, legal safety and factual accuracy, as well as the witty, conversational tone our readers love and share.
- A passion for showbiz, TV and film, as well as food & drink and interiors.
- Must be comfortable reporting on serious news, contacting experts for advice and sourcing case studies.
- An ability to find the unique Cosmopolitan angle in any story, that makes our content uniquely ‘us’ and essential to our audience’s lives.
- Brimming with fresh and exciting ideas for all areas of our Entertainment and Work/Life content.
- Experience conducting celebrity interviews and working closely with PRs.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid Working (2 days a week in the office)
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.