Social Editor (CWR)
Dow Jones is launching a new commerce offering that will live within The Wall Street Journal brand. We are a separate affiliate content operation launching on WSJ.com. Powered by our mission to provide the world's most trusted journalism, data and analysis to help people make decisions, this team will be separate from the WSJ newsroom and produce content to help our readers make the best purchasing decisions in their personal and financial lives.
WSJ Commerce is seeking an enterprising Social Editor with a passion for social storytelling to join our launch team. Prefer NYC-area based as we are a flexible, hybrid work operation based in Rockefeller Center.
The Social Media Editor will work with content editors to craft social/off-platform plans and strategies. You will play a crucial role in this new brand by bringing awareness, engagement and visits. The editor will lead day-to-day off-platform publishing, creating strong, clear and accurate language in posts. The position requires a broad knowledge of social-media platforms.
- Write social copy for various platforms
- Create specific social strategies for each social platform and communicate those to the team
- Go-to resource for all social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Snapchat, TikTok and more as we expand our offering)
- Plan and implement resurfacing of social media posts using an analytics-based approach
- Collaborate with other team members and work independently where necessary
- Pitch in on additional editorial tasks that may include writing and editing
- Write engaging content for marketing initiatives
- Be involved with pitching stories and ideation
- Partner with various departments including editorial, marketing, product and technology
- 4-6 years of experience writing social copy and developing social strategies
- Sharp understanding of what engages audiences across different social platforms
- Ability to produce written materials that are clear, clean and publish ready
- Comfortable working in a startup environment to create smart work workflows and processes with the editorial team
- Keen interest in product stories, reviews and online shopping content
- Experience publishing to visual-first platforms like Instagram
- Experience using Social Flow or ability to track analytics and pivot strategies for success accordingly
- Strong organizational skills
- Marketing and ad writing experience a plus
- Experience writing social copy for a commerce site a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Req ID: 32504