The Wall Street Journal Opinion section is seeking a visuals editor to join its team in New York City. This person will design pages and layout for both the Opinion pages and the Book Review pages and will also collaborate on the digital presentations of our team's content, including photo research and editing. This is an opportunity to collaborate with world-class editors and writers and work closely with the other members of our small, dedicated visuals team to produce the best presentations for our Opinion team's analysis, reviews and features. While you may start this job remotely, you will eventually be based in our New York office.
- At least three to five years of experience, or equivalent, in newspaper or magazine design.
- Excellent design aesthetic, visual storytelling and typographic skills.
- Experience with commissioning illustrations from freelance artists.
- Experience with detailed photo research.
- Fluency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work in both Macintosh and PC operating systems.
- Able to design multiple pages according to specifications of a news and advertising edition plan.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Experience with EidosMedia's Methode publishing system is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization/chart making is a plus.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Candidates should be familiar with the WSJ editorial page content.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EDITORIAL
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32616