News editor - Insurance Insider
Insurance Insider is looking for a News Editor to join its senior editorial team in London in a newly created role.
The team is focused on providing unrivalled market intelligence and real-time insight to senior professionals in the insurance sector based on broad networks of sources and deep knowledge of the industry.
Our mantra is to ensure our readers know first, and understand better.
The News Editor will play a key role in managing and delivering our newswire service, operating under the oversight of our News Desk Editor. This is a hybrid role – the News Editor will also be given the opportunity to work their own beats, sourcing exclusives and producing analysis to contribute to Insurance Insider’s market-leading content proposition.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious journalist looking for their first or second editing role. We are looking for an experienced news journalist that is comfortable operating at speed across a wide range of stories in an environment where there is a high tariff around mistakes. The role would also suit a candidate that is keen to progress within the organisation and take on more responsibility after a ramp-up period on the sector.
The News Editor will:
- Triage a wide range of sources of public information to determine what is in-scope for coverage;
- Assist the running of the news desk by assigning, editing and approving news stories for publication, directing the work of reporters and working with sub-editors;
- Work with the reporters to improve the speed, quality and sophistication of their stories over time;
- Build out a network of senior sources within the marketplace, and establish relationships with a large number of companies, including acting as an ambassador for the publishing house;
- Contribute to the proprietary, value-add content of Insurance Insider by sourcing exclusive news stories, and writing opinion pieces and long-form analysis
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience operating within a fast-paced newsroom with a high volume of content
- An interest in and understanding of business and financial markets (although direct experience of writing about insurance is not expected)
- A cool head and an ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise
- Strong writing/editing skills, with scrupulous attention to detail
- Cultural values including: A determination to win; a desire to play a role on a cohesive/collaborative team; a craftsman’s approach to their work; and integrity
Insurance Insider is part of Insider Publishing, a unit of FTSE 250 business Euromoney Institutional Investor that provides market intelligence and rapid insight on the insurance sector. Insider Publishing also publishes Trading Risk, based in London, and Inside P&C which is based in New York.
The award-winning unit employs 18 journalists and analysts across its London and New York teams, and has continued to deliver double-digit top- and bottom-line growth throughout the pandemic.
Click Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter.