Dow Jones Newswires, the real-time professional news service of The Wall Street Journal, seeks a freelance reporter who can cover Canadian economic indicators and corporate breaking news for our professional readership of more than 90 million institutional and retail investors.
This is a part-time position based in Ottawa with flexible hours, working mornings Monday through Friday.
- Write headlines and short articles about major indicators from data lockups
- Write articles about Canadian companies from disclosures on topics such as mergers and acquisitions, executive changes and quarterly earnings.
- Figure out what is driving market movements, uncovering interesting details buried in filings and extracting information from company disclosures that could have broader significance.
- An understanding of economic indicators
- Experience as a financial journalist
- The ability to digest numbers and information and turn them into articles that serve a diverse mix of sophisticated market professionals around the world
- A keen eye for news
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and authoritatively about business and financial developments
To apply, please submit your resume, three clips and a cover letter explaining how your skills would make you a top candidate for this role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32622