Deputy Editor, Insurance Post
London, England, United Kingdom
Editorial, Full time
The best of both worlds. That is what a position with Infopro Digital offers you. We are first a global company with 4,000 employees and annual revenues of over half a billion dollars with a presence in 17 countries. Through our market-leading brands, we serve five professional communities – insurance and finance, automotive aftermarket, construction, retail, and industrials – enabling our clients to make informed business decisions and create new opportunities.
Secondly, our global brands focused on the financial services industry, known collectively as Risk Global, is a 300-person organisation with offices in Hong Kong, London, Nashville, and New York. Working at Risk Global means being part of a company that has strong financial backing, while at the same time giving you the power to truly make a difference.
Risk Global’s portfolio of global brands include Central Banking, Chartis Research, Insurance Post, Insurance Age, Risk.net and WatersTechnology. Through our proprietary editorial platforms, we create unique market insight and technical content for senior risk, technology and trading professionals at banks, asset managers and insurers. In addition, we create high-value marketing services and research solutions to service providers who seek access to our engaged communities.
Our people are passionate about delivering the best possible outcome for the customers and markets we serve. We are an impact-driven and entrepreneurial business that provides support while at the same time trusting great people to do great things. We are collaborative and move fast, with our people developing new skills even faster. Thanks to our global reach and international locations, we celebrate and expect diverse perspectives and we believe these add to the richness of our business. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone can be themselves. We also realise everyone has a life outside of work, and we offer flexible solutions to make sure everyone has a healthy work-life balance.
One of the Risk Global titles, Insurance Post, the leading insurance B2B brand, is looking for a deputy editor. Someone with at least four years of business journalism experience who can manage and motivate the group of journalists that were runners-up in the B2B editorial team of the year category at the 2021 AOP Digital Publishing Awards, and now want to go one better.
Working in a fast-paced environment writing about a constantly moving and essential business sector, Insurance Post is looking for someone with the drive, ambition and hunger to make a real difference in what is one of Infopro Digital’s flagship UK brands.
Someone who can curate and deliver exclusive in-depth “must read” content ahead of our competition through our online, in print and app channels.
A bit more
At Insurance Post we believe information gives you an edge, particularly in complex markets. That’s why we cover UK insurance and risk management better than anyone else – it helps our readers make the right business decisions.
It is no coincidence that four of five candidates for the Headlinemoney General Insurance Journalist of the Year (B2B) were shortlisted for work on Insurance Post. It might be 180 years old, but Insurance Post continues to maintain its standing as the UK’s most trusted source of in-depth insight and analysis on all aspects of the UK insurance industry.
- A proven business journalist with a least 4 years’ experience of weekly or daily news publishing
- Previous experience of managing a team of staff to motivate them to seek those exclusive stories
- A track record of writing exclusive news and analysis
- Evidence of increasing readership in previous roles
- Good written and verbal skills with the ability to analyse financial figures
- Strong understanding of data journalism to make the most of free to access data and freedom of information requests
- Excellent communication skills both dealing with external and internal contacts
- A person who thrives under pressure and is proactive at coming up with different angles for stories
- The ability to hit the ground running and start breaking stories on day one.
Where you’ll work
- This role is based in London
- Prefer to work from home instead? Not a problem. We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
What you’ll get
Our global employee benefits include:
- A fantastic holiday allowance that increases as you spend longer with the company
- Take your birthday off…on us
- Access to our Group pension plan, 401k plan plus match, life assurance, private medical & dental insurance, retail discounts, and much more
- Access to a 24/7/365 Employee Assistance Programme offering support and guidance around all areas of wellbeing and mental health, including face-to-face counselling.
- Access to our extensive learning programmes, through our dedicated platform, Generation Infopro
- Paid volunteer days throughout the year where you can contribute your skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others