The German service of Dow Jones Newswires is seeking a reporter in Berlin to cover economic and political developments with clear a focus on energy policy, including reporting on the main utilities in this sector in Germany
- Report on economic and political developments in Berlin with a strong focus on energy policy
- Report on several DAX companies and mid/small caps in the energy sector
- Cover earnings, M&A activities, new orders, changes in the management team and developments in the respective industry
- Write flash headlines, fills, updates, analytical pieces and previews
- Attend press conferences and industry events
- Usie news judgment to assess news priorities.
- Generate story ideas
- Conduct interviews in person and on the phone
- Cultivate a network of sources
- Work with other corporate reporters across the EMEA region, Asia-Pacific and the Americas
- Excellent German skills since the working language is German (not English)
- Experience in corporate and government reporting
- Know-how in the energy sector
- A real-time focus
- Proven writing and editing skills to make also complex subjects understandable
- Proven ability to write fast, accurate and authoritative real-time copy on the main story of the day and the ambition to execute original enterprise pieces for our online and print platforms
- Understanding of how corporations report earnings, how economies are being measured and how financial markets react to news
- Ability to juggle speed and accuracy at the same time. The jobholder must be able to work in a high-pressure environment effectively with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You will report to Andrea Thomas, team leader of the German language reporters in the Berlin office.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32960