The Wall Street Journal is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to help oversee production of WSJ. Magazine, a luxury lifestyle publication focused on tastemakers in the worlds of fashion, business and culture, as well as travel destinations and food trends.
In this position, you will:
- Serve as production lead for print issues of WSJ. Magazine - flowing in approved text, trafficking proofs, placing final images and tracking approvals
- Serve as production lead for translating WSJ. Magazine print content into digital content
- Serve as production lead for publishing magazine-led digital-only content
- Manage hi-res photos and artwork from initial submission of final images, through in-house color correction, and on to final proofing and reproduction
- Provide additional support for the Art Department as needed
- Be an extra set of eyes on issue makeup
- With Design Director, strategically captain and day-to-day manage relationship with Apple News+
- Conduct weekly remote production meetings with WSJ. China team, track proofs, and manage reprint rights
- Transfer cleared assets to the WSJ. China team as needed
- Run point on ad-ops around newsletter and house-ad sponsorship integrations
- Provide any requested assets/images to the advertising and marketing teams or publisher's office as needed
- Oversee the summer editorial intern
- Liaise with Spoken Layer on audio content for magazine stories
- Oversee production of WSJ. merchandise
- Liaise on service and equipment needs (like transcription services and remote-work needs)
- At At least 3 years of production experience in magazine publishing or related field
- Exceptional production skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and best practices for print and web production
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment: Ability to provide well-reasoned, highly informed and strategic counsel to the department and senior leaders
- Commitment to high standards and ethics in your own work and that of others
This position reports to the Managing Editor, WSJ.Magazine and is based in our New York City Office.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the position.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32969