Managing Editor, AnandTech
Editorial, Full time
Since 1997, AnandTech has been a leading site for technical enthusiasts who are looking to develop a deeper knowledge of computing technology. With a focus on quality and depth, our goal is to break down the latest technologies to help readers understand the hows and whys of the newest products, as well as to make highly-informed buying decisions based on that information.
The Managing Editor is a varied role, responsible for everything from deep dive editorial write-ups, to helping to guide and develop AnandTech’s junior freelancers.
The primary role of the job is to develop highly technical content – particularly around processors and SoCs – combining a deep knowledge of technology and data analysis with strong writing skills in order to communicate complex technical ideas in an accessible fashion. Our ideal candidate will have enough breadth of knowledge to contribute to articles on other technical subjects, such as smartphones and silicon lithography, in order to help the site cover technologies related to processors/SoCs as well as helping to further improve the technical and writing skills of our freelancers.
This is a remote role, perfect for someone who is self-driven and able to focus without direct oversight.
What do I need to succeed?
- Substantial experience writing about technology or related topics.
- In-depth knowledge of CPU/SoC architectures and PC platforms.
- The drive and ability to broaden their technical skills to keep pace with new technology developments.
- Strong data analysis, writing, and leadership skills.
- Fantastic time management and relationship management skills
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a STEM field is advantageous.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.