A rare opportunity to take on the Editorship of an online publishing business which is the fastest growing site in our niche - post-graduate education. We boast the culture of a startup combined with with the backing of a large US non-profit, allowing stability and enviable employee benefits. Our mission is to inspire and inform the next generation of leaders and we've been successfully growing our audience over the last four years - tripling monthly uniques in that time through exceptional content, smart SEO planning and a dedicated editorial team. We're now looking for someone to help us continue that momentum - commercially minded, deadly accurate and creatively curious.
The Editor is responsible for planning, creating and managing BusinessBecause content across all channels to ensure it meets the needs of target audiences and commercial partners. They manage the BB editorial team, collaborate on the editorial direction and output of mba.com, and work closely with the Product Manager and Sales/Client Success teams. The Editor ensures all content (sponsored and non-sponsored) is created to the highest standard, relevant to the target audience to inform and inspire their journey.
- Setting editorial strategy and direction for the site including editorial policy, onsite SEO strategy, key content pillars, brand guidelines, keyword strategy and tone-of-voice.
- Directing, managing and empowering a team of up to 6 in-house editorial staff – assigning content and deadlines, maintaining quality, and managing capacity
- Planning and ownership of all editorial and related content (guides, reports, analysis).
- On-boarding new school partners via introductory calls establishing their editorial goals, story ideas, and preferences for upcoming articles and partnership.
- Create and maintain SEO targeted content
- Oversee and propose suitable story ideas for new and existing partners.
- Plan, research, write, commision and edit high quality sponsored and non-sponsored editorial.
- Build and manage relationships with clients and partners, contributing directly to the service and value they receive from us.
- Attend industry events as required, developing and presenting sessions where appropriate and building a voice and profile externally as a trusted adviser for business schools and candidates
- Collaborate on social media strategy and distribution of content across all channels.
- Record and post relevant communications to Slack.
- Manage external contractors employed to produce editorial and/or related content.
- Work with Marketing team on audience development and conversion strategies, implementing initiatives which drive both
- Recruitment and development of editorial talent
- Manage inbound editorial contributions.
- Report on key performance metrics.
- Be an active contributor to the team and to the overall success of BusinessBecause and GMAC Media.
- Work with the commercial team on developing creative solutions for Business School marketing and recruitment, participating in key client sales presentations where appropriate
- Maintaining live content and ensuring accuracy and legality
- Use of analytics programs to manage and promote content and paths through the site
- Continuous innovation in formats (both editorial and technological) to ensure evolution of BusinessBecause platform
- Lead on multimedia content streams – video, webinars, podcasts – scheduling and creating
- Monitor and assess competitive sites
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years experience at a similar level.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience as an effective line manager
- Writing for SEO and use of tools (AHRefs ideally) to inform SEO strategy
- Google Analytics experience
- Use of social platforms and analytics
- Journalism qualification and/or writing experience
- Client facing experience
- Knowledge of relevant law (copyright/ libel etc)
- Working knowledge of video and social media
- Experience creating, curating and editing web-ready copy
- Attention to detail