Solar Media is seeking a tenacious, self-starting journalist to join its editorial team as a reporter, working across its industry-leading renewables publishing portfolio.
The world’s energy systems are undergoing a profound transition to cleaner, renewable sources, presenting both significant opportunities and threats, typified by the adoption of distributed energy resources, electric vehicles and innovative grid technologies.
Current± was launched to track that transition to decentralised, decarbonised and distributed energy system, and has become synonymous with in-depth reporting, insight and analysis from the grid edge. We’re looking for a full-time journalist to join our stable of reporters covering the sector as it continues to change rapidly.
The role will include:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories and other pieces of content for our Current±;
- Contributing to the output of other titles in the Solar Media portfolio as required;
- Subbing and proofing of other journalists’ work, maintaining our reputation for impeccable grammatical and factual reporting;
- Generating and maintaining relationships with industry representatives and officials;
- Pitching, researching and writing feature-length content;
- Managing regular deadlines according to requirements;
- Utilising our social media presence to broadcast news and updates to our readership;
- Representing the publications at industry events.
Essential experience and skills:
- At least one years’ reporting experience in B2B publishing, or have covered energy, technology or other relevant beats in an alternative medium – this is not an entry-level reporting job;
- Impeccable grammar and editorial accuracy;
- A willingness and desire to work across numerous areas of coverage, developing comprehensive industry knowledge and a strong network of contacts.
- Experience of breaking down highly technical and complicated language;
- Experience of moderating/chairing digital or live events/webinars;
- Experience of finance, science or technology-led journalism.
Solar Media has been providing news, analysis and insight to the solar industry for a decade in print, online and in person at our portfolio of global events.
Our work is hugely respected by the industry we serve. You’ll develop your own beat and your own ideas with an emphasis on setting the news agenda for the industry.
We all work across multiple titles as and when required and our newest team member will be expected to do the same. We’re big enough to make a difference and small enough to be nimble, agile and open to executing your best ideas.