Digital Editor - Maternity Cover - Cosmopolitan
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Digital Editor, Cosmopolitan (Maternity Cover) to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cosmopolitan is looking for a strategically minded, well-organised leader to support the Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor in the day-to-day running of the Cosmopolitan brand across its many digital platforms. From the website and video, to social and e-commerce, newsletters and beyond, you will be across it all.
Through your expertise as a digital-first editor, you will drive the team to publish best-in-class content across our platforms; be it news stories, long-reads, digital covers, celebrity video interviews or Snapchat Shows.
Data obsessed and able to constantly adapt accordingly, you will keep abreast of the brand’s digital performance, reporting on audience, e-commerce, video and social growth, feeding into the overall digital strategy with your insights.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced Digital Editor, who thrives on developing writers to craft of-the-minute, engaging, original and thought-provoking content.
- Passionate about women’s media and Cosmopolitan in particular, with a thorough understanding of our reader and what is important to them.
- Excited by digital storytelling in all its forms, looking to continually push forward through editorial innovation and lead from the front with exciting, fresh new ideas.
- Obsessed with data analysis, experienced in using insight tools to grow audiences and engagement through a strong SEO and social content strategy.
- Experienced in assisting with the running of a digital brand at a senior level, including driving revenue growth through e-commerce, video and commercial opportunities.
- Able to multi-task, with a clear track record of handling difficult situations, remaining calm and professional under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid working model – 2 days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.