China Polyolefins team is responsible to convert plastics experience, knowledge, insights, and analysis into sustainable, profitable services. This includes building mutually beneficial relationships with key industry contacts across the supply chain that utilize or could benefit from CMA, by OPIS services. The Mission is to grow CMA, by OPIS services by providing an unbiased expert view of major polymer market dynamics.
This role will promote an understanding of Chemical Market Analytics' forecasting methodology as well as foster learning and growth across an array of associated product areas. Key activities will be maintaining, updating, and expanding CMA, by OPIS model base, analysis and contribution to clients and market reports.
What's in it for you:
Exposure to market players in the polymer value chain, from suppliers to global brand owners. Be prepared to assist in market conversations and research supporting senior analysts on topics ranging from industry economics, trends in trade, developing technology and supply/demand evolution. Enrich experience and expertise in the upstream petrochemical feedstock dynamics and interfaces with assigned polymers.
- Provide weekly/monthly market pricing inputs into the global database as needed.
- Contributing research and content to the CMA, by OPIS, Polymer services, a successful suite of multi-client services which provides commercial and supply/demand data and market insights.
- Coordinate with global colleagues to assure consistency of method and interpretation.
- Work closely with upstream, downstream, and other business line teams to provide excellent service to clients.
- Respond to client questions and serve as a resource for client brainstorming/discussions as required.
What We're Looking For:
- A petrochemical engineering degree is preferred
- Demonstrated passion or interest in petrochemical industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS-CMA
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 33051