Reporter | Clapham South, London | full time, permanent
Global Trade Review (GTR) is a dynamic publishing and events company that has been successfully operating for nearly 20 years in the global trade and trade finance sector. We produce a print and online publication, and are looking for a reporter to join our small but dedicated team of journalists.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of reporting experience (preferably covering banking, international trade and/or finance). At GTR, you will be tasked with writing online news stories and contributing long-form features for printed magazines and annual supplements. There will also be some administrative work to support the team in their daily tasks, such as co-managing our social media activity.
This position requires thoroughness and attention to detail: GTR's editorial team is expected to work quickly to turn over accurate and original news stories, as well as insightful features. Excellent proofreading skills are essential.
You will be expected to network and build extensive contacts within the trade finance industry, conduct daily interviews over the phone and represent the publication at industry and media events (when it is safe to do so).
GTR’s offices are in south London, but the job can be home-based - wherever in the world you may be. There is a likelihood of some international travel.
- Source and write news stories (roughly 3 to 5 a week), conducting exclusive interviews with senior industry figures
- Write longer feature stories for the quarterly magazine and annual supplements (usually 1 to 2 per issue)
- Co-manage GTR’s social media activity
- Co-manage administrative duties, such as uploading content to the website and assisting with the production of the magazine
- Represent GTR at events
What we are looking for:
- A passion for working in financial journalism
- Some experience reporting on banking, finance or international trade
- An eye for sourcing original content and angles
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proofreading skills and attention to detail
- First-rate organisational skills and time management
- International travel
- Pension; cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter, along with some examples of your published work, to Shannon Manders, editorial director.