Dow Jones Newswires seeks a reporter for its Market Talk team to cover U.K government bond markets, as well as credit markets in real time across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Market Talk team provides the valuable insights and trading signals prize by our professional audience globally. As part of the team, you will track moves across all areas of corporate bonds and U.K. government bonds to write a large volume of analytical 100-word Market Talk stories every day, in addition to longer, thematic analysis pieces.
You will be expected to develop sources, conduct interviews with market players and attend industry conferences.
- Exercise exceptional news judgment to identify market moves and write quickly and accurately in a fast-paced publishing environment where meeting deadlines is key.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors from other groups, including WSJ colleagues and those in other bureaus and regions. Being a team player is key.
- Communicate precisely, with compassion.
- A sound knowledge of financial markets, credit markets, fixed income, bonds and economics. Knowledge of the energy market transition is desirable.
- A track record of making good contacts and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize market coverage while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Possess a sense of urgency, a capacity to remain calm under pressure and a desire to learn.
The position is based at our regional newsroom hub in The News Building in London and reports to the News Editor, Market Talk EMEA.
Our reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and examples of your work.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33188