Job title: Writer
Location: London (fully remote)
At Velocity, we believe the only thing we truly own is our story. We connect our community of high-performance people with a curation of the best life has to offer. We help them build relationships with each other, to improve themselves, and channel their resources, energies and skills to make the world a better place.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world, we are adding to our content team to build the most authoritative, authentic and engaging content for the premium Consumer.
Our member base is one of the most desirable and engaged digital communities. Members come to Velocity to be inspired and to book effortlessly. Their combined net worth is over $300 billion. This audience uses Velocity as their operating system for their lifestyle. 40% of them are Daily Active Users (DAUs) of the app, the average member makes 1 booking or purchase per week, and interaction primarily takes place via the mobile app.
Velocity members are focused on making the most of their lives. Their purchasing is limited not just by time, but also by inspiration. They expect Velocity to curate best of breed and speak with authority. They trust Velocity with their time and money. To them, Velocity is a trusted advisor. Our members want less choice, but more confidence in the choices being offered to them.
The Editorial team will continue to curate and then tell the remarkable stories behind the products and experiences on our platform. To build Velocity’s authoritative tone of voice across its verticals. These verticals are currently Travel, Experiences, Dining, Luxury Goods and Impact. Over time these will expand to include Healthcare, Real Estate and beyond.
- A keen understanding of the luxury consumer in the digital age.
- Be apprised of the latest trends in technology and how consumers engage.
- Have the ability to both formulate strategy and execute projects.
- Experience working with teams across multiple geographies.
- Ability to produce narrative-driven content for social media, in-app posts, product descriptions, and correspondence
- High proficiency at copy-editing and proof-reading
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Competitive base salary
- Competitive stock options
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Top-tier BUPA private healthcare paid for by Velocity
- 60% of your gym membership covered
- Complimentary access to the members-only app, with exclusive access to unbeatable Velocity restaurants, experiences, travel partners and luxury brands
Click 'APPLY NOW' to complete the application form. When submitting your application, please include 4-10 samples of previous work (either via a document attached to the 'Portfolio' field, or via links to work hosted or uploaded online).