Art Editor (maternity cover) - Lifestyle Hub
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our Lifestyle Hub as our new Art Editor to start the next chapter in your career. This is a maternity cover starting in June 2022.
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Prima, Red. We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will support the Creative Directors, Art Director and Group Art Editor to maintain the quality of work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima. This is from initial design concept through to the final printed product for each. To design pages to suit the style of each brand, maintaining their brand identity always.
- Working with the Creative Directors, Group Art Editor and the Art Hub to ensure the design perfectly complements the editorial content and follows the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each brand
- Support the Art Hub in the design and layouts of all pages
- Supporting the Group Art Editor, and covering Art Hub in her absence.
- Under the direction of the Creative Directors and Art Editor oversee junior designers and freelance designers
- Take direction from other members of the senior editorial team
- Marking up pages to be sent to press and pre-media
- Checking colour proofs, ensuring pages are of an excellent standard and any corrections or instructions have been actioned when requested
- Retouching images and scanning if needed and supporting the art team with general administrative tasks
- Attending shoots and Art Directing still life shoots where necessary
- Attend art meetings and generate exciting ideas for layout of features and regular pages
- Commission illustrations, when appropriate and after approval from Creative Director
- Assist the advertising and promotions team with requests for their clients e.g dummy layouts
- To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the proscribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create editorial content
- Design for digital, events and brand marketing as necessary
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Fully adaptable – able to design across all titles on all multi-platform offerings
- Ability to build close working relationships with the entire team and completely understand the vision of each brand and become a strong team player
- Enthusiasm and endless supply of new ideas
- A passionate approach to work
- The ability to think creatively
- A strong eye for detail
- The ability to be self-motivated
- The ability to think outside the box
- Experience working as a Designer on a publication in the consumer magazine market
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Two days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.