Social Video Editor
LONDON, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Social Video Editor to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will create videos for its various outputs and social channels to work very closely with various editorial teams. You will also be responsible for sourcing video around entertainment news of the day, creating informative video explainers and conceiving engaging original features for our audience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Create high quality editorial videos for Hearst’s varied brands and outputs by adding a new, compelling and highly shareable dimension through engaging visuals and carefully crafted text.
Find stories and develop ideas across many verticals from entertainment for Cosmopolitan, to fashion for Harper’s Bazaar, to fitness for Men’s Health.
Complement news stories with existing video, or creating bespoke assets
Contribute to original output through versioning and occasional on-set assistance
Review video performance and archive across various social media platforms to highlight best practice and opportunities
This opportunity is for someone passionate about creating as well as managing video across social media platforms and someone, who has an extensive knowledge of, and passion for entertainment, fashion and culture.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent video editing skills, preferably including graphics and animation
- Knowledge of Hearst’s brands and their coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills along with keen attention to detail
- Ability to handle tight deadline pressures well
- Comprehensive grasp of media law, particularly copyright
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
- Hybrid Working (2 days a week in the office)
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.