Editor in Chief, LiveScience
Bath or London, United Kingdom.
Editorial. Full time.
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived over the past couple of years, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and latest discoveries in the field of science, while also digging up fascinating discoveries that hit on a broad range of fields - from dinosaurs and archaeology to physics and astronomy to health and human behaviour.
Live Science is one of the world's leading science sites with outstanding authority thanks to our panel of experts. Our mission is to empower and inspire our readers – giving them the tools they need to understand the world and appreciate its everyday awe.
Our star candidate is someone who can combine their science expertise with considered content strategy and excellent team management. Sound like you? Read on!
As Editor in Chief, you’ll oversee editorial across global territories (including the UK & US), accountable for a commercially-focussed audience growth, whilst maintaining the best audience experience possible.
- Editorial leadership at senior level
- Proven content team leader with demonstrated experience in providing detailed, useful analysis, especially around SEO
- Excellent brand development and audience growth experience
- Excellent communication, organisational and time-management skills, helpful if experienced in managing global teams across different time zones
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.