- Daily gathering of price information for major seaborne iron ores and portside fines iron ore prices
- Fortnightly market survey of traders and mills on penalties
- Market intelligence covering, inter alia, shifts in consumption patterns of iron ore, impacts of policy and macro-economic conditions, developments in the steel sector
- Analysing proprietary information such as China's iron ore and concentrate output, curbs and restrictions on iron ore sintering, portside stock info
- Co-ordination with steel, scrap analysts for cross-sectoral stories and standing in as back-up for steel/scrap analysts in Asia
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required.
- Undergraduate degree in English, Finance or Business.
- Three years research experience in steel raw materials. Iron ore experience a bonus.
- Understanding of Chinese steel and iron ore complex a plus.
- Experience with spreadsheets and commodity data analysis.
- Ability to be able to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated, business-minded and results driven. Detail oriented and innovative thinker.
- Confident and charismatic in engagement and communication
- Travel to relevant Chinese and steel raw materials events would be required from time to time.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 30941