We give our audiences a decisive edge.
Who are we?
Ultima Media www.ultimamedia.com is a lively and creative B2B media company serving the global automotive industry under a number of brands including - Car Design News Automotive Logistics Automotive Manufacturing Solutions. We produce across digital platforms, events, broadcast (virtual events, livestream and podcast) and print. We are a team of 30 who work on a hybrid and flexible basis from our office in Hammersmith.
Ultima Media is part of SWMH and Süddeutscher Verlag, one of Germany's largest media groups, which includes national and regional newspapers, specialist and technical publishing.
What is the job?
It is one where you will write and produce compelling B2B editorial content for audiences specific to automotive logistics and supply chain management primarily for Automotive Logistics (AL), and where relevant for Ultima’s platforms in automotive manufacturing and design. You will take a lead on writing original news, interviews, features and insight and support content production across all channels and products, including online, print and digital editions, newsletters, social media, broadcast/livestream, events, sponsored content and special projects.
You will also occasionally host and moderate panel sessions for online, events, video and podcast. The objective is to help curate a 360 degree information and content experience for users; increase quality content to grow audiences, user engagement and registrations for AL channels; to grow and optimise multimedia and digital formats; to ensure innovative, error-free content that informs, delights and surprises an expert audience.
You will work with the AL Editorial Lead and Digital Edition Editor within the Ultima content team and have a direct link to Editor-in-Chief on strategic objectives.
You will need to collaborate closely with colleagues in sales, design, marketing and events. You will play a key role in expanding output and exploring new topics related to supply chain and logistics for AL and for Ultima Media.
A full job description is available on application.
The role is a hybrid one based in Hammersmith with a minimum of 2 days per week in the office.
Who are you?
You will have -
- Three or more years’ experience as B2B writer, reporter, journalist, editor: specifically producing original news, features and interviews, ideally but not limited to automotive, manufacturing and industrial sectors
- Experience subbing and editing B2B editorial content at fast pace
- Strong understanding of online platforms and publishing tools, including content management systems and SEO strategy
- Strong interviewing skills
- Good moderating, panel hosting and public speaking skills
- Track record in producing engaging social media content and attracting followers
- Keen interest and ability to understand target audiences, especially for B2B
- Experience with publishing production tools, including InDesign, Photoshop and similar a plus
- Creative, open minded and hands-on attitude, ready to produce quality content at pace and make a difference
- Experience with video and audio editing software a plus
- Experience or interest in events and online broadcast a plus
- Print production skills a plus
- Network of industry connections a plus
As an equal opportunities' employer, Ultima Media is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Ultima Media.